Tanganyika Wildlife Park in Goddard, KS is looking for hardworking, self-motivated, dedicated maintenance staff. Currently the park is 60 acres and has another 40+ acres to expand and we plan on growing. Tanganyika Wildlife Park is constantly striving to be the best at what we do, and we take pride in the work that is done every day.
Tanganyika Wildlife Park's Maintenance department has an opportunity for a full time Maintenance Technician responsible for conducting general maintenance and repairs to the facility, including but not limited to the buildings, exhibits, equipment and general property structures. Major responsibilities include carpentry, painting, welding, plumbing, HVAC and electrical repairs. Candidates should have two years of general maintenance experience (preferred), a valid driver's license (with a clear driving record) and be customer service oriented.
In this role, you will:
Work and assist in all Maintenance Department task(s); including but not limited to:
- Inspect facilities and equipment to determine construction, mechanical installation, maintenance, or repairs needed.
- Perform maintenance, alteration, repair, and installation of electrical systems, equipment, and fixtures in accordance with standard practices of the electrical trade.
- Tape and finish drywall, install wall and floor coverings, remove old finishes and prepares surfaces.
- Move furniture and appliances with various pieces of equipment and other maintenance personnel.
- Escorts contractors behind scenes; including communicating to Zoo staff when entering and exiting an area, and contractors clean up before leaving.
- Run errands for materials, etc., as needed.
- Clean and maintain tools, equipment and work area; prepare equipment as needed.
- Maintain records and prepare daily activity reports.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems needing maintenance or repairs.
- Perform submitted maintenance requests.
- Operate various pieces of equipment such as excavators, skid steers, tractors, truck and trailers and other equipment as needed.
- Consistently provide exceptional customer service.
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of general maintenance experience highly desirable.
- Ability to read and work from manuals, blueprints, written and verbal instructions.
- Must possess good interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to interact with fellow employees and guests at the zoo.
- Clear driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary based on experience
- Health Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Simple IRA
- Paid vacation
- In-House Discounts
- Free admission to TWP for yourself and family
Please apply at https://twpark.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
If you have any issues apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Open until filled
Tanganyika Wildlife Park reserves the right to close the position prior to the above date.